The Des Moines Mini Maker Faire is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday, September 4, 2017.
Free, secure bicycle parking with the Des Moines Bicycle Collective from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Exhibitors- All Day
- FRC Team 4646 ASAP
- FTC Team 9974- T.H.O.R
- FRC Team Neutrino
- Iowa Lego Users Group
- String Revolution
- Area 515
- Barnes & Noble Makerspace
- Powerful Innovations
- Manibus Project
- Horizon Maker Club
- Science Center of Iowa Wednesday Workshops
- TigerLily STEM
- 3D Printing for Teaching and Research at Drake University
- ISU FLEx
- 515FPV / Des Moines UAV Club
- Des Moines Woodturners
- Cyclone Space Mining
- Missouri School of Blacksmithing
- The Society for Creative Anachronism
Sign-up takes place one hour before the workshop begins at the Workshop/IMAX booth tour sign-up table in the lobby.
Check-in for each workshop takes place in front of Physiolab.
15 Spots available in each workshop. One adult per child.
- 10:15 Soldering– 45 minutes- Learn the basics and practice soldering by creating your own light-up project.
- 11:15 Sewable circuitry– 45 minutes- Learn about circuits by creating a light-up felt pin!
- 1:15 Soldering– 45 minutes- Learn the basics and practice soldering by creating your own light-up project.
- 2:15 Soldering– 45 minutes- Learn the basics and practice soldering by creating your own light-up project.
- 3:15 Sewable circuitry– 45 minutes, Learn all about circuits by creating a light-up felt pin!
- 4:15 Soldering– 45 minutes, Learn the basics and practice soldering by creating your own light-up project.
- All day Yarn weaving– Drop-in for a collaborative yarn weaving workshop in the Iowa Learning Center. No sign-up necessary.
IMAX Booth Tours:
- Sign-up takes place one hour prior to each tour in the lobby at the Workshop sign-up table.
- Tours meet by the IMAX booth entrance and check-in with the volunteers
- Limit 10 people per tour
- Tours start at: 10:15 am, 11:15 am, 1:15 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:15 pm & 4:15 pm
High School Robotics Team Talks– Lower Founder’s Hall at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm
Experience local High School Robotics Teams talk about their 2017 season competition robots for FIRST STEAMworks. This year’s competition required teams to score fuel in a boiler, deliver gears to an airship, and climb aboard that airship for take-off.
Drone Demos- Lower Founder’s Hall at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
See micro-class drones flying inside the SCI! These powerful, motor-powered drones are incredibly fast and agile, yet small enough to be safely flown indoors!
Light Painting– John Deere Adventure Theater 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Maker Faire Plaza (outside SCI)
- Airbrush Temporary Tattoos (Limit one per person)– 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 3D Chalk demo by Kathleen Roling- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Kathleen will give two brief talks 12:45 pm and 2:45 pm about her process.
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Heath Alan
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm: Marc Bailey
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: The Blendours
Food Trucks– 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Karam’s Mediterranean Grill
- Kona Ice
- 515 Pi
- The Big Acai Bowl
- Miss Molly’s Jamaican Patty